What is International Orthodox Christian Charities?
IOCC is the humanitarian aid agency of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of North and Central America. IOCC works in cooperation with the Orthodox Church and on behalf of Orthodox Christians. In carrying out its mission, IOCC applies the highest professional standards and renders itself fully accountable to the public and its donors.
What is the mission of IOCC?
IOCC, in the spirit of Christ's love, offers emergency relief and development programs to those in need worldwide, without discrimination, and strengthens the capacity of the Orthodox Church to so respond.
Who benefits from the services of IOCC?
Since its inception in 1992, IOCC has provided $438 million in humanitarian relief, sustainable development and self-help programs to people in need. All assistance is provided solely on the basis of need, and benefits orphans, refugees and displaced persons, the elderly, school children, families and people with disabilities.
Where is IOCC providing assistance?
IOCC programs have helped people in 50 countries across Europe, Asia, Africa, North and South America. Since the need for help is great, IOCC continually works to expand its programs to other areas.
What types of services does IOCC provide?
- Community Development and Mobilization programs increase the ability of local organizations to address local challenges.
- Refugee Return and Assistance programs facilitate the safe reintegration of refugees into their home countries.
- Youth Development and Services programs foster youth leadership and youth participation in their communities.
- Business Development programs give people the tools to work their way out of poverty with dignity.
- Agriculture and Food Production programs help rural populations raise their levels of nutrition, standard of living and agricultural productivity.
- Disaster and Emergency Relief programs address the immediate needs of people suffering from natural disaster, war or civil unrest.
- Education and Training programs nurture local leaders and organizations which advocate for their communities and promote the general welfare.
- Social Welfare programs provide material and technical assistance to social welfare institutions such as hospitals, orphanages and homeless shelters.
- Infrastructure Construction and Repair programs for the repair of homes, farm infrastructure, schools and public utilities.
Click here to download this page as a PDF file.
(requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)