Donor Services Intern
Baltimore, MD (Towson)
International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC), is seeking a motivated and reliable individual for a part-time summer internship with Donor Services. This position is a great opportunity for students who are interested in international humanitarian efforts and are looking to learn more about the inner workings of the non-profit world and database management.
Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, IOCC is a faith-based international relief and development organization founded by Orthodox Christians, and has provided $438 million in assistance to families and communities in more than 50 countries since 1992. The Development Department oversees and manages all donor-related activity, the lifeblood of the organization and its ability to provide support for IOCC’s humanitarian relief programs. The summer intern will be responsible for providing development support in a variety of ways, specifically with donor data management, and will report to the Director of Development. The proposed schedule is Monday – Friday, 8am-11am. There is a modest stipend available for the internship period.
Working closely with the Donor Services Coordinator, the primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Processing incoming donations, providing daily and monthly income reports, along with status reports to relevant Development and Finance staff.
- Ensuring the recording of gifts and the mailing of donor acknowledgements.
- Auditing the database for accuracy, clean up where necessary.
- Working with the Integrated Direct Marketing Manager to evaluate trends, track results of mailings and ensure the proper coding of different marketing initiatives.
- Looking for efficiencies in the way that we receive data, code appeals for accuracy, etc.
- Conducting testing and analyzing program and campaign results and sharing results.
- Inputting donor data, and updating data when necessary.
- Performing other duties as needed or as assigned.
Qualifications preferred for the Internship:
- Advanced computer skills, especially data entry; typing skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail; ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive donor information
- Some experience in database work is helpful
- Desire to learn about the non-profit arena, specifically development and gifting
Interested students should send a resume or CV and cover letter to:
International Orthodox Christian Charities
Attn: Human Resources Manager
110 West Road, Suite 360
Baltimore, MD 21204
OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. This posting will be available until May 31, 2013. Apply today!
IOCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce.