Operations Team Leader
Based in: Beirut, Lebanon
International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC), headquartered in Baltimore, MD, USA is the official humanitarian aid agency of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of North and Central America. Since its inception in 1992, IOCC has delivered $438 million in relief and development programs to families and communities in more than 50 countries.
IOCC seeks a full-time, highly motivated and experienced Operations Team Leader to head up and lead IOCC's multi-million dollar, multi-donor efforts to effectively address the humanitarian needs arising from the crisis in Syria. These efforts include: life-saving humanitarian assistance; support for healthcare including infant and young child feeding; water and sanitation; shelter; and, operations to protect and assist domicile, displaced, and refugee populations affected by the crisis.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing strategic direction and vision to the programs and operations for the area.
- Guiding, coaching, and mentoring team members in their various responsibilities and ensuring project operations meet the highest standards of practice, efficiency, effectiveness, and donor compliance.
- Establishing and maintaining productive relationships with key stakeholders, including partners, donors, government officials, and community based organizations.
- Representing IOCC at inter-agency and similar NGO/UN meetings, local government authorities and donors.
- Contributing to the timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the donor, including progress reports, and annual reports
- Managing capacity-building efforts of staff and partner(s) and adherence to best practices.
- Monitoring operations daily, and taking action to address any programmatic challenges to ensure that project-level and strategic goals and priorities are being met.
- Providing information, analysis, advice and consultation on ongoing operational matters.
- Ensuring that internal and external reporting, evaluation, and data requirements are met with high-quality products.
- Leading in the design and implementation of comprehensive emergency planning, readiness and response strategies for the area.
- Coordinating staff and partner safety and security issues and ensure related policies and procedures are fully implemented.
- Leading in the design, coordination and/or delivery of cohesive custom-tailored training and capacity building activities for partner organization and enhance capacity to implement M&E strategies.
- Leading the development of new program strategies; contributing to proposal writing and budgeting.
Qualified applicants will possess:
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to manage and motivate teams; minimum 8 years of senior level supervisory experience
- Minimum of 8 years of senior level experience in designing, implementing, and managing complex international relief or development programs; finance experience with capability to handle sizable budgets
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of government and civil society counterparts, donors and UN partners
- Experience reporting clearly and comprehensively on a complex portfolio of activities; understanding of donor expectations and trends
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to partner(s) and diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods
- Experience in leading contemporary qualitative, quantitative and mixed method evaluation of complex programs
- Ability to build strong personal and organizational relationships with internal and external staff and contacts
- Knowledge in common NGO safety and security practices
- Strong familiarity with the Middle East and a broad understanding of the social and political context of the region; sensitivity to cultural conditions and practices
- Tenacity in observing procedures, regulations, local laws and other established requirements
- Ability to think strategically, analyze issues and make appropriate recommendations
- University Master's degree in international development, business, public health, or other related field
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening) in English required; Arabic and French language proficiency is highly desirable
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office suite
To apply, qualified applicants should send a resume or CV and cover letter with salary requirements to:
Email at: email@example.com
International Orthodox Christian Charities
Attn: Human Resources Manager
110 West Road, Suite 360
Baltimore, MD 21204
No phone calls please. Please apply today!
IOCC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a professional and diverse workforce.