The Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States of America
The purpose of the Assembly of Bishops of the United States of America is to preserve and contribute to the unity of the Orthodox Church by helping to further her spiritual, theological, ecclesiological, canonical, educational, missionary, and philanthropic aims.
It is one of 13 bishops’ assemblies that have been established in different geographical regions throughout the world. It is made up of all the active, canonical Orthodox bishops of the United States of America, of every jurisdiction.
IOCC and the Assembly
International Orthodox Christian Charities, Inc. (IOCC) was established in March 1992 by the Standing Conference of the Canonical Orthodox Bishops in the Americas (SCOBA) – the predecessor organization to the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States of America (the Assembly).
IOCC is the official humanitarian relief and development agency of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States of America.
The IOCC Board of Directors is comprised of elected Orthodox Christian clergy and laity, who volunteer for this role and work with the blessings of the Assembly. The Board of Directors governs the policies and operations of IOCC and oversees stewardship of the organization’s resources.
The Assembly brings together the canonical hierarchs of the Orthodox jurisdictions in the United States. The purpose of the Assembly is to preserve and contribute to the unity of the Orthodox Church by helping to further her spiritual, theological, ecclesiological, canonical, educational, missionary and philanthropic aims.
Learn more about the Assembly of Bishops here. Orthodox jurisdictions that make up The Assembly are:
- Albanian Orthodox Diocese of America
- American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese of the USA
- Antiochan Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America
- Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox Diocese of the USA, Canada, and Australia
- Georgian Orthodox Church
- Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
- Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Mexico
- Orthodox Church in America
- Romanian Orthodox Archdiocese in the Americas
- Russian Orthodox Church
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR)
- Serbian Orthodox Church in North and South America
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA