The Human Resources Generalist is primarily responsible for working closely with the Human Resources Manager in all of the daily tactical functions of the Human Resources Department in a way that supports IOCC’s core values and the productivity and positive experience of the staff.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Human Resources Information Systems and Applicant Tracking System (HRIS and ATS): Oversee HR platforms (Paychex) to ensure employee data accuracy for useful metrics and for reliable management of employee life cycle, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, onboarding and off-boarding processes; provide HR Manager with reports when requested; assist staff with Paychex Flex handling; work closely with Finance on new employee processing.
- Recruiting Lead: Act as a primary contact in overseeing the recruiting process from start to finish, including all related postings, sourcing, written and verbal communication with applicants and staff; work in conjunction with HR Manager for international hires.
- New Employee Coordination and Training: Oversee employee onboarding from the hiring process and ensure effective coordination for a timely and successful employee orientation using clear scheduling and documentation; ensure employee future training is scheduled; work closely with HR Manager on ongoing training initiatives; maintain training tracking process; provide recommendations for improvements and additions to staff training.
- Benefit Administration: Support HR Manager in the benefit administration process from working with broker on plan renewals, open enrollment, new enrollments, documentation, policy changes, benefit terminations, staff communication, etc.; act as a point of contact for staff and provide resources on any benefit-related matters; ensure all benefit related files are kept confidential and orderly; oversee broker platforms to manage employee activity and ticket requests.
- Performance Management: Support HR Manager in any and all performance management activities including but not limited to employee relations documentation, planning for yearly appraisal schedule, goal tracking processes, related training; document and process any job/salary/staff changes through Finance.
- Document Management and Compliance: Maintain and ensure an organized and compliant system of employee files per all laws; maintain compliance posters; maintain an organized catalog and filing system of HR forms, templates and other resources in Share-point and ensure consistent use by all IOCC staff.
- Staff Support and Communication: Act as a back-up for the HR Manager, when needed; provide confidential support and advice to staff, when requested; remain closely connected to and apprise HR Manager on all people-related matters; promote staff productivity, equity, positivity and socialization opportunities; communicate openly, fairly and professionally in all instances.
- Project Work: Support and work closely with HR Manager on all HR and management process improvement projects, when requested.
Minimally Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- HR Body of Knowledge: Displays strong knowledge of current HR practices and changing employment laws; understands importance of staying current on legislation that may affect staff or IOCC; strong working knowledge in the various components and facets of HR
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, database and internet applications including HRIS and ATS; savvy and skilled with technology including Sharepoint and other platforms
- Communication and Confidentiality: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media; ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels; high degree of professionalism in written communication, listening skills, and speaking; proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues; track record of serving as a trusted resource; sensitivity to cultural differences
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills; proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision; proven ability to coordinate activities
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team; ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate; ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced and often changing environment; effective at maintaining demeanor; can easily provide solutions to challenges; and, ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures.
Minimally Required Education, Experience, and Training:
- Associates’ degree; or a combination of education and added work experience that yields the minimally required knowledge, skills and abilities
- 5 years of experience working as a Generalist or HR Assistant
- HRCI’s PHR or aPRH certification or SHRM-CP certification
All qualified applicants, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. Please attach your current resume to the email. Thank you.
IOCC is an equal opportunity employer.
*Full job description is available