The Next Generation: Leaders in Service
Want to spread the word in your parish?
Download a flyer, bulletin ads, and other resources here.
In summer 2021, our Serv-X-Treme Youth Leadership Conference will take place in Minneapolis, MN:
- July 24-30, 2021
During this week-long conference, participants will have the opportunity to:
- forge new friendships with their pan-Orthodox peers and advisors
- put their understanding of Orthodox philanthropy and diakonia (service) into practice with hands-on service projects
- acquire leadership skills which will benefit the Church as well as local, national, and global communities
- gain a new understanding of how important giving of their time and talents is
- learn about volunteer opportunities available through IOCC’s US disaster response programming
“This was truly one of the most valuable things I have done in my life spiritually … this has inspired me to do so much, I am truly thankful for this opportunity.” — 2020 Serv-X-Treme alumnus
“I am so grateful to have attended this conference. I feel that I am able to serve in a more meaningful way and see Christ in all people, be it my peers at this conference or the people I will be serving. The conference gave me hope and a renewed sense of spirituality.” — 2020 Serv-X-Treme alumnus
“Really well done. It is so important to ‘mold’ our Orthodox youth into leaders.” — Parent of 2020 Serv-X-Treme alumnus
“He is so pumped up about service because of your time together. You have inspired my child! What more could I ask for?” — Parent of 2020 Serv-X-Treme alumnus
What You Need to Know
- High-school seniors as of fall of conference year
- Participants may apply (details below) or be nominated by their bishop (details below)
- $350 per participant covers housing, meals, workshops, transportation, and other activities for the week
- Please plan to cover your own airfare.
- Limited scholarships are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Once you’ve been selected to participate, you’ll receive instructions for submitting this payment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: IOCC is committed to following local and federal safety regulations related to COVID-19 in the US, and we are prepared to adjust activities as needed — including offering a virtual format if required. Our goal is to offer the Serv-X-Treme conference in the safest and most effective format possible.
Apply as an Advisor
If you are at least 21 years old by the start of the conference, and would like to apply to be an Advisor for one or both weeks, click on the link below and apply by Monday, May 17, 2021. Successful applicants will be notified by May 21.
Bishop Nominated Delegates
One spot is reserved for each hierarch of the Assembly of Bishops to nominate a delegate from his diocese to attend a Serv-X-Treme conference.
If you are a priest and would like to recommend a qualified student, please contact your hierarch and ask that his office or authorized designee complete the nomination form by Monday, May 17, 2021.
Nominations are now being accepted for 2021.
Please note that this link can only be used by the bishop’s office or his authorized designee.
For questions about the program, or information on how to nominate a delegate, please email email@example.com.