The Next Generation: Leaders in Service
IMPORTANT NOTE: IOCC is committed to following local and federal safety regulations related to COVID-19 in the US, and we are prepared to adjust activities as needed—including offering a virtual format if required. Our goal is to offer the Serv-X-Treme conference in the safest and most effective format possible.
Serv-X-Treme participants come together to gain a deeper understanding of Orthodox philanthropy and diakonia (service) through engaging in leadership-building activities, workshops, and hands-on service.
In summer 2020 there will be TWO Serv-X-Treme Youth Leadership conferences either virtually or in Minneapolis, MN:
- July 25-31
- August 1-7
During the week-long conference, participants will have the opportunity to:
- forge new friendships with their pan-Orthodox peers and advisors
- put their understanding of Orthodox philanthropy and diakonia (service) to practice with hands-on service projects
- acquire leadership skills which will benefit the Church as well as local, national, and global communities
- gain a new understanding of how important giving of their time and talents is
“It was life-changing.” —Serv-X-Treme alumnus
“After attending [our daughter] is seeking more ways to stay connected to the Church and to Orthodox organizations while in college.” —Parent of Serv-X-Treme alumnus
What You Need to Know
Eligibility & Cost
- High-school seniors as of fall of conference year
- Participants may apply (details below) or be nominated by their bishop (details below)
- Cost-per-participant: $100
Once you’ve been selected to participate, you’ll receive instructions for submitting this payment.
Apply as an Advisor
If you are at least 21 years old, and would like to apply to be an Advisor for one or both weeks, click on the link below and apply by Monday, June 29, 2020.
Bishop Nominated Delegates
One spot is reserved for each hierarch to nominate a delegate from his diocese to attend a Serv-X-Treme conference.
If you are a priest and would like to recommend a qualified student, please contact your hierarch and ask that his office or authorized designee complete the nomination form by Monday, June 29, 2020.
Please note that this link can only be used by the bishop’s office or his authorized designee.
For questions about the program, or information on how to nominate a delegate, please contact US Administrative Project Assistant, Alexis Rouches at firstname.lastname@example.org.