What’s an Action Team?
Volunteers from across the country join IOCC Action Teams to serve US neighbors in need after disasters. They do all kinds of work to help families, individuals, and communities get back on their feet after events like floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, and more.
Action Teams support…
- Response in the early days after a disaster
- Recovery in the long term, sometimes years after a disaster
Faith in Action
Action Teams offer hands-on service to people who need help after a devastating event. They…
- Serve Christ by serving others
- Help neighbors in need rebuild homes and lives
- Support disaster response, from cleanup to repairing and rebuilding
Kinds of Work
Sometimes the first step after a storm is cleaning up property to clear damaged items, debris, and downed trees so that needs can be assessed and next steps can get underway.
After a flood or rain damage, mold can take hold quickly inside a home, causing unhealthy living conditions and additional damage. Mucking out homes removes water-damaged flooring, furniture, drywall, insulation, and so on, so the home can be dried out and eventually repaired.
Repair & Rebuild
From hanging drywall and painting walls, repairing a roof, or building a wheelchair ramp, making a house livable again is part of long-term recovery.
Need to Know
- You don’t need to be skilled – just energetic!
- We’ll teach you everything you need to know.
- If you have experience in emergency management or construction, email us about becoming a Team Leader.
- Join a team for a full week or come for just a few days—whatever works best.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
- BUT youth ages 16 and 17 may participate on some worksites if accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or duly authorized group leader.
- You provide your own transportation to and from the response or rebuild city.
- Some projects have a cost associated with participation.
- You’ll receive details about your location once you’ve registered.
How Do I Sign Up?
- Choose your location below to register.
- US Program staff will get in touch with everything you need to know!
Choose your recovery location and register. You’ll then get a link to submit your dates and info.
Dates are flexible: Come for a week or just a few days.
Or sign up HERE to receive info about future opportunities.
Questions? Contact our US Program team: email@example.com or 667.331.9812.