Donate A Vehicle
You just might save a life.
Ready to sell or trade-in your old car, boat, or RV? Please consider donating it to IOCC instead. A charitable donation of a vehicle to IOCC can make a big difference. Your generous donation goes to helping the poor, providing food hungry, shelter for refugees and access to education for a child yearning to attend school. Each year IOCC helps thousands of people in the U.S. and around the world.
That’s not all. In addition to knowing you’ve served Christ in a special way, you may also receive a tax-deduction. As of January 1, 2005, this tax-deduction will be calculated one of two ways:
1. If the claimed value of your vehicle is less than $500, you may deduct that amount from your taxes.
2. If you claim your vehicle’s value at over $500, you may deduct the amount that it is sold for at auction.
How to Donate Your Vehicle
Our no-hassle vehicle donation process is outlined below.
1. Simply complete and submit the donation form below.
2. Within 5-7 business days you’ll be contacted by Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc. the company who processes vehicle donations on IOCC's behalf. Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc. will have your vehicle picked up by a professionally licensed, bonded and insured towing company from your area.
3.Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc. will handle the title transfer requirements for you.
4. The towing company will provide you a receipt when they arrive, which confirms pick-up of your vehicle donation.
5. Please retain this receipt for your records. It is an important document necessary for any available federal and state income tax deduction for this donation.
6. The IRS allows a donor to assess the fair market value of their donation not to exceed $500. If the gross sale of your donated vehicle amounts to more than $500, an additional receipt stating the gross sale amount will be mailed to you within thirty days after its sale from Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc..
7. Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc. will then file a 1098-C form with the IRS. It is your responsibility to give Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc. your Social Security Number so that this reporting can be done. The information on the 1098-C will not be disclosed or used for purposes not related to your donation.
IOCC will receive 70% of the net proceeds from the subsequent sale of your vehicle, which will go directly toward the funding of our many humanitarian aid programs. Thank you for your compassionate generosity!
Questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact the Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc. Toll-Free at 1-800-240-0160.
Please contact Donor Services to donate your vehicle.
Please call 410-243-9820 or email our Donor Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to assist in starting your vehicle donation process.