The Next Generation: Leaders in Service
Want to spread the word in your parish?
Download a flyer, bulletin ads, and other resources here.
In summer 2022, our Serv-X-Treme Youth Leadership Conference will take place in Minneapolis, MN:
- July 16-22, 2022
During this week-long conference, participants will have the opportunity to:
- forge new friendships with their pan-Orthodox peers and advisors
- put their understanding of Orthodox philanthropy and diakonia (service) into practice with hands-on service projects
- acquire leadership skills which will benefit the Church as well as local, national, and global communities
- gain a new understanding of how important giving of their time and talents is
- learn about volunteer opportunities available through IOCC’s US disaster response programming
“The week was amazing! The balance between seminars, spirituality, activities, and free time was fantastic. ” — 2021 Serv-X-Treme alumnus
“Great week all around! I thought I was able to find others like me and grow closer to God.” — 2021 Serv-X-Treme alumnus
“The staff is so kind and helpful and funny. This week was filled with wonderful opportunities to learn, serve, and explore. I am very grateful. ” — 2021 Serv-X-Treme alumnus
“Thank you! It was an amazing experience for our daughter! She learned so much about leadership and herself. She believes she has formed lifelong friendships.” — Parent of 2021 Serv-X-Treme alumnus
“Thank you for offering this program! The content is amazing. Giving our kids an opportunity to connect with others centered around an organization like IOCC is a great blessing.” — Parent of 2021 Serv-X-Treme alumnus
What You Need to Know
- High-school seniors as of fall of conference year
- Participants may apply (details below) or be nominated by their bishop (details below)
- Application deadline: June 15
- $350 per participant covers housing, meals, workshops, transportation, and other activities for the week
- Please plan to cover your own airfare.
- Limited scholarships are available. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Once you’ve been selected to participate, you’ll receive instructions for submitting this payment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: IOCC is committed to following local and federal safety regulations related to COVID-19 in the US, and we are prepared to adjust activities as needed — including offering a virtual format if required. Our goal is to offer the Serv-X-Treme conference in the safest and most effective format possible.
Apply as an Advisor
If you are at least 21 years old by the start of the conference, and would like to apply to be an Advisor for one or both weeks, click on the link below and apply by June 15, 2022. Successful applicants will be notified by June 22.
One spot is reserved for each hierarch of the Assembly of Bishops to nominate a delegate from his diocese to attend a Serv-X-Treme conference.
If you are a priest and would like to recommend a qualified student, please contact your hierarch and ask that his office or authorized designee complete the nomination form by June 15, 2022.
Nominations are now being accepted for 2022.
Please note that this link can only be used by the bishop’s office or his authorized designee.
For questions about the program, or information on how to nominate a delegate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.