The Outreach Coordinator is primarily responsible for the success of awareness and fundraising efforts by managing volunteers and volunteer committees; cultivating relationships with parishes; tracking and managing a large event planning portfolio; and equipping volunteers to spread awareness about IOCC’s work. This position includes fundraising goals.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Volunteer Management: Cultivates relationships and maintains contact with new and existing volunteers. Ensures representatives at the local level have all materials they need, as well as sharing best practices to help them to become successful ambassadors.
- Event Management: Oversees IOCC Metropolitan Committees and local volunteers in assigned region to plan, manage, and execute fundraising events. Includes traveling to local fundraising events as needed.
- Maintain Revenue Goals: Responsible for annual revenue goals and maintaining steady growth of Outreach fundraising events.
- Event Revenue and Expense Processing: Process revenue from events and volunteer activities, appropriately code and track gifts, document and reconcile event expenses.
- Event Marketing: Draft event-related marketing materials and content for monthly volunteer emails, online communications, thank you campaigns, and updates.
- Tracking Event and Volunteer Data: Works within fundraising CRM to create and manage online registration and donation pages for events. Uses CRM to manage and track progress toward departmental and institutional goals.
Minimally Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Organization, Event Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and event planning skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Relationship Management: Proven skills in leveraging effective working relationships and influencing key stakeholders in support of business goals. Sociable with social confidence, can take initiative with cultivating new relationships and comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, online CRM database and internet applications. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online preferred.
- Communication: Outstanding oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with hierarchs, clergy, board members, and volunteers.
- Customer Service Skills: Proven customer service skills and ability to interact with and manage a variety of personalities and backgrounds.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes, and procedures.
Minimally Required Education, Experience, and Training:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in related field; or a combination of education and work experience that yields the minimally required knowledge, skills and abilities
- 2 years of volunteer management and event-management experience. Work in non-profit/international NGO sector preferred.
- Knowledge of Orthodox Church and Hierarchy preferred.
All qualified applicants, please send an email to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. Please attach your current resume to the email. Thank you.
IOCC is an equal opportunity employer.
*Full job description is available